** Since 1994 our business has been specialising in prestige European car sales from our indoor warehouse in Sydney **
– this might well be the best Holden Commodore SV8 6-speed manual 5.7 litre V8 for sale
– only 130,000 klms since new
– 2 owner car
– the previous owner of this car was literally a fanatic
– he just had the entire engine taken out of the car for an assessment and full check over – unbelievable!
– it appears to be very original but here is the email from the previous owner to explain it’s history
1st owner Purchased new Canberra ACT Jan 2004
2nd owner Private sale 29/2/08 (46,000Km)
Neither owner used vehicle for work purposes and housed within brick garages in the ACT.
Additions to vehicle by 2nd owner
a) Rear window louver, mud flaps
b) CLARION CD, USB stereo, Dynaudio Front speakers, 200w sub amplifier (under passenger front seat) 2x subwoofer speakers rear parcel shelf. Extensive sound deadening material to front doors and parcel shelf areas (quality sound the aim, not how loud!)
c) Oil and Voltmeter gauges pod
d) Pacemaker headers with ceramic coating, High flow cats, K&N air filter, MAFLESS tune (It should be noted these mods were aimed at improving fuel consumption. Highly successful with approx 20% improvement over standard configuration) However does require Premium fuel.
e) 6 speed manual short shifter
SERVICING and MAINTENANCE
All servicing for the original owner performed by HOLDEN dealership
2nd owner did so himself.
Fully synthetic oils have only been used in the engine.
Mobil1 5W-40, more recently a LS1 specialist mechanic advised Castrol Edge 10W-60 would be a better choice.
Originally oil changes were performed at specified intervals (10,00Km), in later years it was recognized as inadequate due to low usage and changed to every 6 months regardless of Kms travelled.
Numerous Oil/Filter changes so will mention the last few.
Oil/filter (mobil1 5W-40), 118,500Km (30/8/17)
Oil/filter (Castrol 10W-60), wash & re-oil K&N air filter 122,627Km (8/12/17)
Oil/filter (Castrol 10W-60), 129,833Km (18/7/18)
Oil/filter (Castrol 10W-60), wash & re-oil K&N air filter 135,267Km (30/1/19)
Most noteworthy, engine removed by LS1 specialist due to failing Hydraulic lifters – 118,500Km 30/7/17
This is perhaps the biggest failing of LS1 engines, some faltering with less than 50,00Kms on the clock.
Simply due to poor metallurgy which additionally causes damage to the camshaft.
a) Engine removed
b) All lifters replaced with drop in LS7 lifters (improved metallurgy)
c) New camshaft and bearings, head bolts and gaskets (see invoice below)
1) 10/10/18 (131,460Km) Replace PCV hose
2) 25/5/18 (128,090Km) Flush and replace Brake fluid (Penrite Super DOT4)
3) 20/10/17 (121,870Km) New Fuel filter (GM# 92075337)
4) 10/9/17 (120,300Km) Change 6spd Gearbox oil (Penrite Progear synthetic 70W-75) CAUTION: Gearbox is deliberately over filled per specification so removing filler plug will cause fluid loss
5) 7/9/17 (119,900Km) Change Diff oil (Castrol Syntrax 80W-140 with friction modifiers for LSD)
6) 30/7/17 (118,500Km) Engine removal to replace hydraulic lifters per above
7) 13/1/17 (116,420Km) New Fuel Injectors
8) 7/11/16 (113,580Km) Replace both O2 sensors (Bosch)
9) 23/7/16 (112,000Km) Replace spark plugs (Holden Denso platinum 1.5mm gap)
10) 20/7/16 (111,960Km) Replace both bonnet struts
11) 5/7/14 (100,754Km) Replace battery (YUASA)
12) 28/12/13 (98,723Km) Flush and replace Brake fluid
13) 16/12/13 (97,300Km) New tyres x4, MICHELIN Pilot3
14) 12/10/13 (97,160Km) Replace Front/Back brake pads (Bendix)
15) 6/10/13 (97,130Km) Replace Fan & A/C belts and pulley bearings, Replace ALL Radiator/Heater water hoses
– we are extremely thorough about the sort of cars we buy and go over them with a fine-tooth comb.
– this car will be mechanically checked over and receive a NSW roadworthy permit
– we are so excited to show you this fine example and look forward to meeting you in person one day soon
The Oldtimer Centre is located at 101-103 Illawarra Road, Marrickville NSW 2204.
* located 15 minutes from Sydney Airport with plenty of off-street parking
* very passionate expert staff have over 24 years of experience
* over 5,000 prestige motor vehicles sold here in Sydney
* MTA Members
* each car has a narrated 3-5 minute high definition video on our own web site.
* we have an in-house full time mechanic who are very experienced and personally inspect every car that we have for sale
* finance with extremely competitive rates and are able to finance much older cars.
* interstate transport can be arranged easily
* car history reports are available upon request
* we don’t buy our cars from auction houses
* extended warranties are available from an excellent company
* our main aim is to form an ongoing relationship with you for many years
* we’re an agent for the NSW Roads and Maritime Services so transfer of registration etc can be done at our office.
Please contact us for a very personal experience and as always a great deal on price.
Our phone number is 02-9569-9999
Mobile for after hours is 0477-111666 or 0419-555655
|Interest Rate (%):|
|No. of Years:|
% = $
|Frequency of Payments:|
|NUMBER OF PAYMENTS:|
The interest rate is a guide only and the residual value is only available for cars less than 10 years old
|Stamp Duty ($):||Select your state|
|Transfer Fee ($):||Select your state|
Please Note: All reasonable steps have been taken to ensure that this information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you believe that any information we have displayed is inaccurate, please contact us immediately and we will take all reasonable steps to correct it.